CATS Related: Brenda Pritchard, currently searching for work, Aurora, CO
– What is your professional role/position?
I’m currently serving as member-at-large for CATS
– How has CATS helped you in your career/personal development?
Being involved in CATS has allowed me to stay informed and involved in the library world until the great library job comes along. I have been able to stay in touch with children and teen services and meet some phenomenal people. Continuing education and program sharing is what makes us great.
– Do you have a favorite quote? “As we teach our children about life, they teach us what life is all about.”
– What are your hopes for children and teen services? It has always been my dream to be part of a community organization that puts children first. Libraries need to be looked at as a primary educational tool for children and teens and as a supplementary tool that works closely with schools. It drives me nuts when parents say that they are not a “teacher”. Parents are their child’s first and best teachers and libraries need to work to empower them as such.
– What book did you read last? I re-read the first Fablehaven book so I could enjoy it with my son.
– What books are at your bedside? Crossword puzzles 😉
– What is a super hero ability you wish you had? Since I’m re-watching Heroes to get ready for Heroes Reborn, I can think of quite a few abilities I would love to have. I guess the ability to travel through space and time. I could do so much with that ability.