High Plains Library District
Greeley, CO (although I reside in Evans, CO). J
– What is your professional role/position?
I am the Patron Services Supervisor for the district’s Outreach Services Department.
– How has CATS helped you in your career/personal development?
CATS had helped me to network with others in the state who are passionate about providing library services to children and youth in Colorado. I have received some wonderful training from CATS meetings and workshops. Through CATS I have become part of a network of people who can provide ideas and feedback for library services for youth. Plus, it’s been a lot of fun!
– What has been your favorite youth services project?
I love serving families who are not traditional library users, so I would say that any youth services project that gets me out in the community and engaging with families in unexpected places is my favorite.
– What are your favorite youth services tools? I.e readers advisory, read alikes, etc
Fun questions: Choose 5 questions or more
(These are meant to be fun questions. Don’t take them too seriously.)
– Do you have a favorite quote?
“When I say to a parent, ‘read to a child’, I don’t want it to sound like medicine. I want it to sound like chocolate!” ~ Mem Fox
– What advice would you give to future youth librarians?
Wear comfortable shoes and washable clothing! It can be a messy job!
– What books are at your bedside?
Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
Daring Grately by Brené Brown
Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
LEGO Play Book by Daniel Lipowitz
Oh… and some Skylanders graphic novel
– What is a super hero ability you wish you had?
I really wish I could fly!
– What would people never guess you do at your job?
People would never guess that I’ve got a mechanic and a tow truck service on speed dial.