Nicole Burchfield, Poudre River Public Library District, and Fort Collins
– What is your professional role/position?
Public Services Librarian – also known as an everything bagel!
– How has CATS helped you in your career/personal development?
It’s given me a chance to stretch my leadership muscles and network and learn from an amazing bunch of people!
– What has been your favorite youth services project?
OMG! How can I pick one????? I guess my favorite would be a haunted house my drama club created at my last library. But, I also love my current teen Anime Club a lot too.
– Any random facts you could share with us?
I can’t eat pocky because I’m gluten free but I run an anime club…
– Do you have a favorite quote?
Libraries are a work in progress. (me!)
– If you could interview one person (dead or alive) who would it be?
– If you were stuck on an island what three things would you bring?
My boyfriend (plus anything he brings – see how I did that? J), my pets, and my kindle. (It can hold a charge for a long time. Maybe I’ll make it until I’m rescued?)
– If your library was burning down, what’s the one non-living thing you would save?
– What advice would you give to future youth librarians?
Whatever you do, make sure you’re having fun. If you are, they will, too!
– What aspect of your role do you enjoy the most?
The fact that I get to work with all ages. That makes it hard to pick my favorite aspect though.
– What book did you read last?
The Walking Dead
– What books are at your bedside?
The Asylum and Hollow City and Tales from the Dark Woods
– What is a super hero ability you wish you had?
Invisibility I think. Or maybe flying.
– What would people never guess you do at your job?